Amazon.co.uk have Deluxe in stock (Now Gone)

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Amazon.co.uk have Deluxe in stock (Now Gone)

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:25 pm

NOW SOLD OUT AT AMAZON - I hope it was a few of you who got in there this morning.

Amazon.co.uk are offering the Deluxe Edition of Manafon for £68 to new customers (you can ever order it express for guaranteed delivery on Sat 10th Oct!). This is STILL being advertised as being one of 2,000 and including the print so that's what you should get. If you really want one, and have the cash to spare at the moment, I'd get in quick!

(original post) Amazon.co.uk are now shipping Deluxe CD ... for those who had pre-release orders accepted at least. They don't appear to be accepting any new ones at the present time.

I only just noticed an email telling me my credit card had been declined (I ordered it so long ago now that I've had a new one since the purchase). When I updated it, it said despatching 9th Oct! It's obviously no good to the likes of DeMarkov at the moment, but fingers crossed it happens and a few more are available on HMV and the like.

And just at the point I'd decided I'd rather go without and call it quits if I couldn't get a brand new one at original RRP. They might, of course, be telling big fat lies. Or it may be a reprint sans signed print (but that's specifically NOT what I ordered or they were advertising). Although the don't have stock, they are STILL advertising this as 1 of only 2,000, so you would like to think that's what it is.

Watch this space...
Last edited by Haldeman Gracie on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: Amazon.co.uk claim Manafon Deluxe despatching 9th Oct..!..

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:53 pm

It's currently at the packing stage, according to them folks at Amazon. Can't even cancel it now if I wanted to. 64 nicker lost... like tears in rain.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby DeMarkov on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:11 am

hey, there is no need for sounding sad about the 64 pounds.... :D
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:22 am

DeMarkov wrote:hey, there is no need for sounding sad about the 64 pounds.... :D

I'm not really...

Anyway, bit of an update (my order's still at packing, no change there). HMV claim that this will be available from Monday (12th October). When I mentioned that this has been their stance for the last month, with a Monday to Monday weekly rollover, I was told that STOCK IS IN !!! They just won't be selling until Monday, per policy on new releases.

Again, this stock could be a reprint minus the signed print*, but other than that potential disaster, it looks like everyone who still wants one (with the money to spare) will get one within the next week.

*Not that the signed print will necessarily be the thing anyone actually wants from the set, but without it you are paying £70 for what amounts to a reprinted mass market boxed version of a CD with bonus DVD. And frankly, as nice as the set may be, without the print and the 'limited' tag, it can't justify anything near that price tag. And given that Samadhi initially gave the definite impression that more than 2,000 would be released, just not with the print, then this has to remain a possibility. It's still sold out at base camp though, which indicates otherwise. We'll see...
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: Amazon now shipping Deluxe CD (on pre-orders) & HMV have it!

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:15 am

Amazon.co.uk are now saying they shipped my Deluxe Edition yesterday (8th Oct). I was a bit worried for a moment when I had a look at my orders and it had vanished. It had gone from being at the top of the list (when it was still outstanding) to date order (and Page 5!) now that it has shipped, as I ordered on Sep 1st.

They are still not accepting any new orders, so I reckon HMV's your best bet come Monday.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: Amazon.co.uk have Deluxe in stock RIGHT NOW for £68!

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:09 am

UPDATE: Those didn't last long. Gone within 10 minutes.

Only 2 left in stock at Amazon... and likely to be gone by lunchtime. Any real fan (which includes everyone in here) wanting one should get in quick before the scumbag speculators pick them up for £68 and put them back on Amazon for £200 by this time next week!

(Although I haven't received mine yet, I think the short stock and the lack of new stock at Samadhi suggests these are the limited edition versions as advertised)
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to Solo Work