Manafon deluxe for sale

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Manafon deluxe for sale

Postby Simonp on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:59 am

For those with a spare £400, you can buy a copy of Manafon here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... 493&sr=8-1

Talk about taking the piss
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Manafon deluxe for sale

Postby DeMarkov on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:10 am

hahaha...
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:35 am

Aside from the fact that the subject header may have sent a few pulses racing, it initially looked like you'd 'had your way' with the deluxe edition since getting it yesterday, and were now selling on for a massive profit!!!
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:54 am

Sorry?
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:08 am

It. looks. like. you. are. offering. it!
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:26 am

I don't like the sarcastic tone of your reply. Completely unnecessary and uncalled for. i only received my copy yesterday and there is no way I'll be selling it. I was merely highlighting how much this guy/girl was charging for their copy.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:51 am

Simonp wrote:I don't like the sarcastic tone of your reply. Completely unnecessary and uncalled for. i only received my copy yesterday and there is no way I'll be selling it. I was merely highlighting how much this guy/girl was charging for their copy.

And I was merely highlighting the fact that the subject header looks like an offer, and coming from someone who has only just received his own copy, hence the possible expectation of the post.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby darkerbird on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 am

Wow, I'd really love to know how they arrived at that figure!? It's a niche market obviously, but £400 for a Sylvian album is laughable. I've got my De-luxe copy so i guess it's easy to be cynical, but who has that kind of money these days?!?!? And with postage at £1.21 I'm assuming they'll send your highly valuable possession second class too! Tossers.....
darkerbird
Regular
Regular

Postby DeMarkov on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:03 am

darkerbird wrote:...but £400 for a Sylvian album is laughable. I've got my De-luxe copy so i guess it's easy to be cynical, but who has that kind of money these days?!?!? ....

i would say, it's not about having £400, but spending it for a cd, even if it's a deluxe packing etc.
that's totally insane.
i missed the deluxe version, but in the end, it's about the music. when you pay prices like this, you could also switch to collecting stamps...
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby darkerbird on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:46 am

Well...I think we are saying the same thing, but the De-luxe edition was never really about the music was it? You can buy the standard disc for £8 from Amazon etc...and enjoy the music. I paid £68 for my De-luxe edition. I still find it hard to justify that to be honest. £68 for a CD, two books, and a DVD all housed in a blah blah blah..... Okay, they are very nice and desirable and i would never want to part with it, but it will sit on my shelf and gather dust. I also bought the standard version, which i have ripped to my ipod, and is now filed away with all my other Sylvian product, which don't get taken out either as i have ripped them also. I guess the point is that thanks to digital, CD's are now so disposable that once you've ripped them they are obsolete, so £68 sheesh!!... I love Sylvian and I love the new album and to that end I guess it was worth every penny. Anybody who spends £400 on a Sylvian album (however nicely packaged) needs their head examined. To be honest, anybody who spent £68 on a Sylvian album needs their head examined. I am booking my appointment now
darkerbird
Regular
Regular

Return to Solo Work