Manafon ltd edit - help needed!!

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Manafon ltd edit - help needed!!

Postby DeMarkov on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:53 am

hello,

i just came home last weekendend from a trip and had to find out, the limited edition of manafon is already sold out. :(
i came along this forum, which i didn't knew before, and thought, maybe one of you can help me?
does anybody know, if this release was exclusively sold at samadhi, or did they sent copies to some distributers?
if yes, where?
has anyone an idea where to find a copy of it (except ebay)?
any help would be appreciated!!!

cheers
d
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Re: Manafon ltd edit - help needed!!

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 am

DeMarkov wrote:hello,

i just came home last weekendend from a trip and had to find out, the limited edition of manafon is already sold out. :(
i came along this forum, which i didn't knew before, and thought, maybe one of you can help me?
does anybody know, if this release was exclusively sold at samadhi, or did they sent copies to some distributers?
if yes, where?
has anyone an idea where to find a copy of it (except ebay)?
any help would be appreciated!!!

cheers
d

It was listed for sale at many online distributors, which was a more attractive option for some, as the price attracts both a customs charge (of maybe around $30 / £20) and a delay. A package sent to the UK, for instance, but picked up by customs, could take over a month to arrive.

Amazon.co.uk listed the item for sale at £63.59 for a while. Then they listed it as out of stock, with a despatch date for orders already accepted of 21st September. Briefly on the 19th September, it became available again, which made me think that amazon.co.uk had a limited allocation of these items (listed as being the signed versions from the 2,000 print run), and had a few cancellations.

As of late last night, amazon.co.uk effectively said all bets were off, as they were having difficulty getting the item. The order still stands though, so there is a glimmer of hope. In the meantime, they may make it available for order again if a lot of people take them up on their suggestion just to cancel in the meantime. That could just be your best bet at this stage (only if you're UK based I suppose).

Most other UK-based etailers currently list the item. I would not expect any of them to deliver, to be honest. Hmv.co.uk allow you to buy for £69.99, saying it's back in stock in 7 days (unlikely), whereas play.com have it listed as 'currently unavailable'.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby DeMarkov on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:06 am

Haldeman Gracie wrote:
It was listed for sale at many online distributors, which was a more attractive option for some, as the price attracts both a customs charge (of maybe around $30 / £20) and a delay. A package sent to the UK, for instance, but picked up by customs, could take over a month to arrive.

yeah, i'm from germany and i know this quite well.
recently, i received a record from the usa and it took about 5 weeks until i could pick it up at the customs office. jeeeez.

Haldeman Gracie wrote:Amazon.co.uk listed the item for sale at £63.59 for a while. Then they listed it as out of stock, with a despatch date for orders already accepted of 21st September. Briefly on the 19th September, it became available again, which made me think that amazon.co.uk had a limited allocation of these items (listed as being the signed versions from the 2,000 print run), and had a few cancellations.

As of late last night, amazon.co.uk effectively said all bets were off, as they were having difficulty getting the item. The order still stands though, so there is a glimmer of hope. In the meantime, they may make it available for order again if a lot of people take them up on their suggestion just to cancel in the meantime. That could just be your best bet at this stage (only if you're UK based I suppose).

hmm, i guess i keep an eye on hmv.

Haldeman Gracie wrote:Most other UK-based etailers currently list the item. I would not expect any of them to deliver, to be honest. Hmv.co.uk allow you to buy for £69.99, saying it's back in stock in 7 days (unlikely), whereas play.com have it listed as 'currently unavailable'.

it seems like none of the distributors ever received this version, yet.
but i wonder if samadhi sold out out the complete edition, or do they include - while saying "sold out" - the orders from the retailers....that would mean there is some hope left...ahhhhh.....

thanks a lot!!!!
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby DeMarkov on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:02 am

any other idea???
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:15 am

I'm going to go to HMV's flagship Oxford Street, London branch right now and will ask them if they ever expect to get them in. (Or, better still, see a lone copy on the shelf and buy it there and then)

I'll be getting this one way or t'other, I just hope it's not via Ebay at £100+.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby DeMarkov on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:28 am

Haldeman Gracie wrote:I'm going to go to HMV's flagship Oxford Street, London branch right now and will ask them if they ever expect to get them in. (Or, better still, see a lone copy on the shelf and buy it there and then)

I'll be getting this one way or t'other, I just hope it's not via Ebay at £100+.

would you be so kind and let me know their answer, please?
i already mailed them the same question, but got no answer, yet.

well, ebay is no serious alternative for me. already saw someone selling it for ...well, 100+
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:49 am

I popped in to HMV Oxford Street, then HMV Piccadilly Circus. Same story in both cases.

HMV expect to receive stock in store on Monday, 28th September. The Oxford Street branch expects to receive 30 copies!!! They will retail for £72.99.

However... aside from the fact that arrival isn't guaranteed until they actually arrive, I strongly suspect that these could be from a second batch of the deluxe edition, and if so these would not include the signed print. I remember that the official website said that only the first 2,000 copies would contain the print, which implies that more would be available without it. (Another reason i preferred Amazon.co.uk for this order is that they said it was part of this edition of 2,000 - samadhi's description gave me the impression you wouldn't know for sure until it arrived).

£72.99 is a lot for what would amount to the, erm, 'standard' edition of the deluxe edition.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby DeMarkov on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:54 am

Haldeman Gracie wrote:I popped in to HMV Oxford Street, then HMV Piccadilly Circus. Same story in both cases.

HMV expect to receive stock in store on Monday, 28th September. The Oxford Street branch expects to receive 30 copies!!! They will retail for £72.99.

However... aside from the fact that arrival isn't guaranteed until they actually arrive, I strongly suspect that these could be from a second batch of the deluxe edition, and if so these would not include the signed print. I remember that the official website said that only the first 2,000 copies would contain the print, which implies that more would be available without it. (Another reason i preferred Amazon.co.uk for this order is that they said it was part of this edition of 2,000 - samadhi's description gave me the impression you wouldn't know for sure until it arrived).

£72.99 is a lot for what would amount to the, erm, 'standard' edition of the deluxe edition.

that sounds quite interesting and promising, as they are announcing on their site, to have this item available on the very same date.

somehow, i don't believe there are more than 2,000. i think, they just wrote it in this strange way, talking about the "first 2,000", regardless of the fact, that there are only 2,000. more than this for that price? hard to believe...
besides, it would be weird to pay such a price for another edition without the print... :shock:
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby Simonp on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:57 am

I've just emailed Samadhisound...my order still hasnt arrived. Not happy.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:21 am

DeMarkov wrote:that sounds quite interesting and promising, as they are announcing on their site, to have this item available on the very same date.

somehow, i don't believe there are more than 2,000. i think, they just wrote it in this strange way, talking about the "first 2,000", regardless of the fact, that there are only 2,000. more than this for that price? hard to believe...
besides, it would be weird to pay such a price for another edition without the print... :shock:

I'm also still hoping there are only 2,000 and that the stock received by Amazon and HMV next week (if this does indeed happen) is part of the hallowed original print run. I don't mind paying the £64 through Amazon (or the £73 if I end up buying instore) for the first run since it's both a nice item, and a collectable. It seems a bit steep though if it's not - especially as I've already bought the standard CD and I've seen the film (which will probably get a separate expanded release at a later date, according to the director at the ICA showing).

But 30 copies is an awful lot for one store to get of a 2,000 edition print run. Although it is the biggest store in the UK (I think) and we're in Sylvian's home town after all. Fingers crossed. Maybe this time next week we'll all have our Ltd Ed copies!
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby DeMarkov on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:02 am

Haldeman Gracie wrote:I'm also still hoping there are only 2,000 and that the stock received by Amazon and HMV next week (if this does indeed happen) is part of the hallowed original print run. I don't mind paying the £64 through Amazon (or the £73 if I end up buying instore) for the first run since it's both a nice item, and a collectable. It seems a bit steep though if it's not - especially as I've already bought the standard CD and I've seen the film (which will probably get a separate expanded release at a later date, according to the director at the ICA showing).

hehe, i already bought the regular one, too, cause i didn' t wanted to wait any longer and in the case of not getting the limited one, i would buy it anyway.

Haldeman Gracie wrote:But 30 copies is an awful lot for one store to get of a 2,000 edition print run. Although it is the biggest store in the UK (I think) and we're in Sylvian's home town after all. Fingers crossed. Maybe this time next week we'll all have our Ltd Ed copies!

yeah, totally agree. fingers crossed and maybe monday is the day.
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby inkinthewell on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Simonp wrote:I've just emailed Samadhisound...my order still hasnt arrived. Not happy.

My Samadhi orders usually materialize in my letterbox 3-4 weeks after shipping (I live in Italy). If I'm lucky I'll get it next week, if I'm not lucky I'll get it in October, if I'm effing unlucky the parcel's got lost and Samadhi won't have a spare ltd ed cd! :lol:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:25 pm

inkinthewell wrote:
Simonp wrote:I've just emailed Samadhisound...my order still hasnt arrived. Not happy.

My Samadhi orders usually materialize in my letterbox 3-4 weeks after shipping (I live in Italy). If I'm lucky I'll get it next week, if I'm not lucky I'll get it in October, if I'm effing unlucky the parcel's got lost and Samadhi won't have a spare ltd ed cd! :lol:

i got the T Shirt today no customs charge thanks samadhisound..but the quality was bad and not in colour just the outline

from the pic?

what should i do ?
Last edited by neonico on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neonico

Postby untitled on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Simon - I'm in the UK and my order was delivered on Tuesday. My order number was 592. Do you know if your order no was before or after this? I have my fingers crossed for you.
I found the way, by the sound of your voice.
untitled
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby fletchertronics on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:47 pm

untitled wrote:

Simon - I'm in the UK and my order was delivered on Tuesday. My order number was 592. Do you know if your order no was before or after this? I have my fingers crossed for you.

Sorry to hear that it's still not arrived Simon... As you know mine arrived (also in the UK) yesterday and I was order number 69, so there seems to be no pattern to it! I think yours will turn up soon, and reckon it's probably now more to do with individual sorting offices in parts of the country...
fletchertronics
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to Solo Work