The Official Manafon audio samples vote

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Which album audio samples do you like the best?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Small Metal Gods
36%
The Rabbit Skinner
No votes
Random Acts of Senseless Violence
5%
The Greatest Living Englishman
No votes
125 Spheres
9%
Snow White in Appalachia
23%
Emily Dickinson
14%
The Department of Dead Letters
No votes
Manafon
14%

Total votes : 22

The Official Manafon audio samples vote

Postby qdes on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:42 pm

http://www.manafon.com/editions/

As you know, there are about a minute long audio snippets. I was just wondering which ones do you like the best?

I've listened them thoroughly and formed an opinion on each one. I definitely prefer the more electronic soundscapes and so I think the album will have a stronger second half. My favorites as of now are Emily Dickinson, Manafon and 125 Spheres (although I think that's the whole song). In that order. Rabit Skinner and Greatest Living Englishman sounds the worst with Department of Dead Letters since it doesn't have any vocals. I know everything goes out the window when I get the luxurious special edition with full versions, but still, it's nice to speculate.

Please vote, I gave you three options. I gave you until the release date.
qdes
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: The Official Manafon audio samples vote

Postby Tim91 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:15 pm

I refuse to listen to the samples. I want to listen to the whole album from start to finish and not form any opinions just by those short samples and I want Manafon to sound completly fresh when I finally get it! :-D
Tim91
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Adrian on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:47 am

Emily Dickinson is my fav at the moment as well. Having said that - I only heard it once and will not listen again till the full album, but there was something about the music in that one that really appealed to me...
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby digimarsh on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:49 am

Tim91 wrote:I refuse to listen to the samples. I want to listen to the whole album from start to finish and not form any opinions just by those short samples and I want Manafon to sound completly fresh when I finally get it! :-D

I admire your discipline Tim, because this is by far the best way to recieve the album in the 1st place, however curiosity
definately got the better of me. I have only listened to the samples a couple of times so at least i have not overdone it,
Small Metal Gods is the song that intially made the biggest impact on me,but i am sure that will change.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work