Manafon deluxe edition - too expensive??

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Manafon deluxe edition - too expensive??

Postby camphorvan on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:46 pm

All seems to be getting out of hand a bit, yes. Now. Whose for a fight behind the bikesheds?!
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby mikaels on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:25 pm

ob8 wrote:Mikael are you a Fax Head ?

Can't say, really. What is a Fax Head :)?

btw, I don't think there has been that many complaints about the fact that the deluxe edition is overpriced, but about the fact that those of us who are more interested in the content than the packaging don't have much choice. OK, there is a digipak of the album, but not of the DVD (yet), and I wonder why? Why is the album Ok to release on its own, but not the documentary?

I don't mind deluxe editions with nice extras, and I can actually afford this one, I just don't know if I want it at the asking price, there is a difference you know ;)
It would make more sense (to me) to release the DVD in a digipak, and the album on its own on vinyl (maybe it's been announced, haven't really checked), and then the deluxe version as it is.

That's just like, my opinion, man ;)
/Mikael
--------------------------------------------------
- 'Do you indulge in any form of worship?'
- 'Life. I love life, very much indeed.'
mikaels
Regular
Regular

Postby Simonp on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:29 pm

For goodness sake people...this is the way David has chosen to release it. Get over it. It's become rather dull.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby marcello09 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Simonp wrote:For goodness sake people...this is the way David has chosen to release it. Get over it. It's become rather dull.

Consider it gotten over. Bye.
marcello09
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby missouriman on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money makes the world go around, the world go around..... :-D :smt117 Here the chicken symbolises the de-luxe edition.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Simonp wrote:For goodness sake people...this is the way David has chosen to release it. Get over it. It's become rather dull.

i agree with simon i bought everything delux edition. normal edtion, and the tshirt. :oops:

what the :evil:

im in the mood for arguing its my birthday

quote "get the hellout- its my birthday"

put the words together and it wont be deleted.

sing along :smt035 :smt035 :smt038 :smt038

:smt035 :smt035 get the hellout its my birthday :smt035
Last edited by neonico on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
neonico

Postby proggrl on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:41 pm

ummmm..... Didn't you start this thread???? *Is confused.*
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Yes but if I had known it was going to turn out like this I wouldn't have bothered.
I've started a thread called snow white in appalachia if anyone fancies actually talking about the music.

proggrl wrote:

MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm

camphorvan wrote:All seems to be getting out of hand a bit, yes. Now. Whose for a fight behind the bikesheds?!

Me! I'll fight y'all with one hand behind my back! I'll fight ya standing on one leg. Put 'em up! Put'em up! Cannot we all just agree to disagree. Some other crap will come along and we can waste our $$ on that too. :x
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:56 pm

missouriman wrote:
camphorvan wrote:All seems to be getting out of hand a bit, yes. Now. Whose for a fight behind the bikesheds?!

Me! I'll fight y'all with one hand behind my back! I'll fight ya standing on one leg. Put 'em up! Put'em up! Cannot we all just agree to disagree. Some other crap will come along and we can waste our $$ on that too. :x

oh great i love a fight :smt026 :smt066 :smt068 :smt071
neonico

Postby proggrl on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Simonp wrote:Yes but if I had known it was going to turn out like this I wouldn't have bothered.
I've started a thread called snow white in appalachia if anyone fancies actually talking about the music.

proggrl wrote:

Like what? People discussing what an artist has released on a fan page? I don't see what is so wrong with that, personally. But we can go now to the other thread to read about you guys cuddling up in a t-shirt instead. ;)

LOL
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:46 pm

neonico wrote:

i agree with simon i bought everything delux edition. normal edtion, and the tshirt. :oops:

Well, if you have the cash AND want to spend it in that... FINE! If you don't have the cash, then it's your problem :roll:

Like Krys said, this is a fan board, we come here to discuss, not to fight btw and I think that our mods and admins won't be too thrilled reading that.

What I just mean is that we all have different opinion and the same right to post them. Maybe this thread started hoping everyone would agree? Then WHY starting a thread like this?

We have the option to buy or not to buy (shakesperian me ;)) I'd buy it if it was cheaper. For $85 I just think it's a tad too much. Do I want it? Yes. Do I think it's too expensive? Yes, so I believe I can spend that cash in something more useful or that I enjoy better. That's all! And other people don't even have the cash, so I can understand that they moan, because they would buy it, but can't!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby ob8 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:04 pm

mikaels wrote:
ob8 wrote:Mikael are you a Fax Head ?

Can't say, really. What is a Fax Head ?

It's someone who is crazy about Fax Records. Your avatar looks like one of their covers from the PS Series.

Sorry my mistake :-D
ob8
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby mikaels on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Your age (or lack of it, rather) is showing, my avatar is the poster for The Man Who Fell To Earth, a sci-fi movie starring David Bowie as the alien, released in 1976 ;)
It's a classic, you should see it.

OK, I was over it even before it started, so I am OK, must have made the mistake thinking you, who started the thread, actually wanted to discuss the topic at hand, just goes to show how wrong you can be (to quote another icon from way back when) ;)
/Mikael
--------------------------------------------------
- 'Do you indulge in any form of worship?'
- 'Life. I love life, very much indeed.'
mikaels
Regular
Regular

Postby barryinstockholm on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Speaking of expensive: anybody heard if the Japanese edition of Manafon will have a bonus track?

(Both Blemish and Nine Horses did have Japanese bonus tracks).

/b
barryinstockholm
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Work