Anyone for a rabbit skinner t-shirt ?

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Anyone for a rabbit skinner t-shirt ?

Postby missouriman on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:24 pm

I would have liked a t-shirt with the image of DS holding Saffron Wood's head... ;-)
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:43 pm

No thanks...a little too "Grizzly Adams" for me. By the way, doesn't that seem like kind of a strange thing for a vegetarian/vegan?
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:55 pm

I was thinking the same thing, Fire Rose!

... I think what that picture is missing is a hunting outfit on DS, a Bass Pro Shop ballcap on his head, a .22 in his hand, the permanent Skoal ring in his back pocket... And don't forget the big camo Ford F150 in the background... Complete with rear window design of an Eagle in front of the rebel flag! :-D

... Only kidding. It's a strange image indeed. I don't really know how i'd interpret it. Kind of sinister... I think I'll stick to my World Is Everything tour shirt for now! ;)

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby becky on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:20 am

missouriman wrote:I would have liked a t-shirt with the image of DS holding Saffron Wood's head... ;-)

:lol: Yes, me too! LoL!

I don't know why, but when I first listened to the sampler of 'Random acts of senseless violence' and heard the lines: "Someone's back kitchen, stacked like a factory - with improvised devices- there's bound to be injuries, with improvised devices"...rather than seeing a terrorist cell at home in their kitchen, I just kept getting images flash into my head of those photos Chavez posted on her website of her recording her new album in what look like Saffron's apartment. The song started to weave together the idea of the 'personal as politcal' - the notion that terrorism can occur within individual personal relationships as well as on the broader societal/political level...a sliding scale...I've only heard a snippet though so I'm probably completely wrong!
becky
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby missouriman on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:44 am

Becky, a profound interpretation. I agree whole heartedly. All politics is personal. Ingrid and that Italian destroyed Sylvian and why should he not take pot shots at them both? :twisted:
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:23 pm

becky wrote:I've only heard a snippet though so I'm probably completely wrong!

It's a fairly specific song. The first verse sets the scene: domestic terrorism cells - embedded naturally within society and yet brilliantly invisible contrasted with unsuspecting civilians going about their everyday business. The second verse (the sample made available by SamadhiSound): strategies and tactics. The third verse: probable reasoning behind drastic actions...and the willingness of a nation to do away with certain civil liberties in order to feel a sense of safety.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby becky on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Oh wow, thanks for that Baht - I can't wait to hear the whole thing - glad I was on the right lines then! I only really picked it up from the tone of his voice, when he says 'there's bound to be injuries with improvised devices' there's a slight smirk in his voice and he almost sounds like he's going to burst out laughing but is trying to hold it in.
becky
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Astronaut on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Fire Rose 45 wrote:No thanks...a little too "Grizzly Adams" for me. By the way, doesn't that seem like kind of a strange thing for a vegetarian/vegan?

My thoughts exactly - but it is possible I s'pose, that he is no longer vegan/vegetarian. Anyway with regards to the bunny t-shirt, it's definitely not something I will be wearing anytime soon. Sorry David, but, not this time! ;-)
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:16 am

Thars why the rabbit its his new domestic weapon..... :shock:
neonico

Postby Astronaut on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:17 pm

neonico wrote:Thars why the rabbit its his new domestic weapon..... :shock:

What? Y'mean he's gonna slap us all around the face with a dead rabbit? :(
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Astronaut wrote:
neonico wrote:Thars why the rabbit its his new domestic weapon..... :shock:

What? Y'mean he's gonna slap us all around the face with a dead rabbit? :(

Funnily enough my only memory of my weird uncle Reg was him doing this to me when I was about 8 years old. He had a stinky, dead, wild rabbit he had shot hanging up "to season". And the stupid old git swung it at me and hit me sending maggots flying. Do NOT underestimate the inert power of a dead rabbit. Sylvian may be onto something here.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Solo Work