David and Ingrid go head to head..

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: David and Ingrid go head to head..

Postby neonico on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Bern wrote:my knickers are just as white is that why they are so tight?

cant belive there so tight in that state of mind and intoxicated also snigger :-D :-D :-D
neonico

Postby camphorvan on Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:30 pm

missouriman wrote:Apologies to Camphorvan. How was I to know my remarks would upset the delicate genius that you are. I think you are a tad touchy about your LACK OF SUCCESS. Maybe if you studied Ingrid's work a little closer you would pick up a few pointers. I am a little out of the loop regarding your hip, cool cat street words. But that is cos I just got out the pokey for MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!

Look, I don't want to start a silly, messy, squabble over something so insignificant. Her cd was a million years ago and I don't sit soaking up the Chavez vibe. BUT, she has a nice vocal style and is easy on the eye. Jersey, tell me where I can hear some of your stuff and I will listen. Always open to new ideas. :D

Dear Missouriman,

I thank you for your appreciation of my delicate condition. I also thank you for your photograph you sent to me via email; http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uA_yuAv6Wug/R ... erance.jpg

However, there is no need to send me private photographs of yourself. Being polite, though, I will send you one back;
http://www.antiquemapsandprints.com/p-3590.jpg

As you will clearly see I am a gentleman and as such am not used to dealing with murderers and people who lurk in the "back woods" on a weekend. I have seen Deliverance. Don' t think I don't know goes on.

I hope your stay in San Quentin was pleasant. When you next visit, please give your regards to Deathpig Davis. You know how she misses you. I hope the murdering is going well. I know how you Americans love a good murder.

As for Miss Chavez yes, she is easy on the eye. I don't mind some of her vocal work; this is true. But, she is an American like you. And probably murdering at this very moment.

I will not tell you where to locate my band mp3's as I fear you will read into them - much like your good pal Charles Manson - and say 'they told me to do it in their songs - they told me to do that to a donkey'. It's not funny anymore, Missouriman. Donkeys have done nothing to you. Leave the donkeys alone.

Camphor 'never going to the woods again' Van
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Ding bloody dong! You are wrong! I am English born and remain a subject of HM The Q. Resident of Missouri merely, thus your observations of backwoods folks is somewhat over my head. The weird, toothless guy photo actually looked like any number of my fellow Yorkshire men.
I do wish this storm in a tea cup would end so we can all sing along with the Manafon disc. Olive branch and hand offered?
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:56 pm

*palmface*
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Adrian on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:23 am

just one more comment from me on David and Ingrid. Someone here said Ingrid looked as though she was high maintenance. That's as may be (and probably right). But I do feel that it can't be easy living with David - I get the impression from his interviews and his work and the way he does things that he's a relentlessly egocentrical perfectionistic narcissist. All of which doesn't matter because what he has given us is some of the world's greatest MUSIC
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 am

missouriman wrote:Ding bloody dong! You are wrong! I am English born and remain a subject of HM The Q. Resident of Missouri merely, thus your observations of backwoods folks is somewhat over my head. The weird, toothless guy photo actually looked like any number of my fellow Yorkshire men.
I do wish this storm in a tea cup would end so we can all sing along with the Manafon disc. Olive branch and hand offered?

Relative home from home, then. You're English yet do not doff your cap and say 'squire' to me. Pah. I know you have a collection of hands stuffed away in your cupboards but I accept the olive branch, (formerly no doubt used as a weapon of debauchery on one of your many 'outings' to the woods - 'squeel like a piggy' indeed).

I declare therefore, war of words with aforementioned Yorkshire-born, wood-dwelling murderer over.

I wonder if a kaoroke version of Manafon will be available.

CV
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:36 am

Happy to hear the war is over. I doff my cap or coon skin hat to ya.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:18 pm

camphorvan wrote:I wonder if a kaoroke version of Manafon will be available.

Yes indeed. And that is actually, even though unofficially, the reason why Manafon has been delayed so long and so many times. Problems with the balls, you know.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:19 pm

inkinthewell wrote:Problems with the balls, you know.

I mean the karaoke balls that jump from syllable to syllable, of course.
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Drake on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:15 pm

What's going on here?

Discuss DS's music. Do not make assumptions about his private life and ex-girlfriends.
Drake
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby neonico on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Drake wrote:What's going on here?

Discuss DS's music. Do not make assumptions about his private life and ex-girlfriends.

the delay is because of the bowling balls and rollar coasting balls hee hee hee

the tight balls from drake well you should wear more baggy troursers and when your a girl not so tight nickers :twisted:

go for it inkinthecoolwell :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
neonico

Postby camphorvan on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:17 pm

Drake wrote:What's going on here?

..and the polite way to say that would be 'it would be better if...or I would prefer it if....' as opposed to providing an instruction; and a rather bullish one at that. I think people have the right to say what they'd like; I may not like it, you may not like it but unless it's inflammatory, it's valid by definition. It's called free speech.
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 am

Glad to see Missouriman and Camphorvan have buried the hatchet. To celebrate that, and to use my daily allowance of free speech, just a few words on the real story behind John Boorman's 'Deliverance', as I'm sure not many of you know it:

Burt Reynolds' character is gay (and if you don't believe me just look at him in his leather jacket: JC! he looks like one of the Village People!). He's got a crush on Jon Voight, who isn't really interested but loves canoeing; so, Burt organizes a canoeing trip to the woods hoping to convince Jon it's alright to paddle your own canoe, but it's better to have someone close behind your back.
In the end, Burt does get what he set out for, but, as he gets it from the hillbillies and not from gorgeous blond Jonnie, he feels his week-end is spoilt and is angry like he+ll.
The 'deliverance' is Jon Voight's from Burt's diabolical scheme. Until the next vacation...
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Drake on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:55 am

Whatever.

There is a tendency that people take the chance to say whatever they like, doing it rather aggressively, hiding behind their laptops. That's sad. And I don't think you can write it off by labeling it free speech. That's making it a bit simple. I'm talking in general terms, but I would hate to see this forum becoming such a place. Not that I think it will.
Drake
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby camphorvan on Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:52 am

Drake wrote:Whatever.

There is a tendency that people take the chance to say whatever they like, doing it rather aggressively, hiding behind their laptops. That's sad. And I don't think you can write it off by labeling it free speech. That's making it a bit simple. I'm talking in general terms, but I would hate to see this forum becoming such a place. Not that I think it will.

"Whatever"?! Bit of a weak argument isn't it? However, I agree with you that some people feel that it is fine to say whatever they like without thought and it can sometimes appear aggressive - as did your initial statement. It is easy to misinterpret text as there is no vocal inflection involved - so making a statement as you did without care and minus the nuances of speech can come across as instructional, bullish and rude. On your other points; people are free to discuss what they like within the limits of what is allowable by the site administrators/owners and the law. Similar to life, really, (minus the role of the administrator/owner). I think your observation that 'people hide behind their laptops' is one that suggests conievence, which I wouldn't have imagined any member of this forum would entertain. For myself, I would say exactly what I say here in real life, to anyone's face; but then that's just me. I hope this draws the matter to a close as I have no desire for continued responses - it becomes tedious. Now - perhaps we can get back on track.
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Work