Do you think David really cares about his fans ?

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Do you think David really cares about his fans ?

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:45 pm

neonico, ob8 and anyone else I may have offended... I wasn't saying you or anyone else wants to hurt David. I was simply relaying my experiences in working with a band, and saying that most celebrities, be they musicians, actors, athletes or whatever find it necessary to maintain a distance from their fans, which is sometimes interpreted as not caring when it may not be the case. Anyway, the post was taken out of context and has been deleted. My sincere apologies to you all.
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Ob8 and Neonico... I don't understand why you took Fire Rose's comment about David possibly distancing himself from his fans so personally. She was making a point, and a valid one at that. I had a little chat once with a guy who ran a David Sylvian tribute myspace. He was shocked at the messages he would get from people who thought he was David. These people would say the strangest things... I think I recall one being "I pray to a picture of you every night..." And I'm sure that's barely scratching the surface of what DS has to go through for real. So yeah. It's a no-brainer why he would distance himself from his fans, especially given his very private and introverted nature.

Anyway, I definitely understand why most everyone feels so frustrated about the lack of info. from Samadhisound. But does everyone honestly think he's keeping us in the dark for his health? No? It's probably for a good reason (possibly one of the reasons Camphorvan has already listed a page back). We have not a clue what could be going on behind Samadhisound's doors right now.

As for the prolonged release date, well, it is what it is. There's nothing we can do about it. Just remember that it will be worth the wait... Like I said before, listen to your old favorites in the meantime. Or maybe listen to your least favorite DS album/collaboration, maybe you'll start to love it.

Just my .00002 cents...

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby neonico on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:51 am

have to say one thing, cant help it you know, i always have to have the last word. :-D

david never gets to see anything from fans without it first going through the hands of richard chadwick been filtered out then given futher. :wink:

the thought of someone reading all my letters first is quiet a schocking thought actually thats fame :shock:
neonico

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:59 am

Thanks, Silver Moon. Some of them are really out there. One time there was going to be a big birthday party for the lead guitarist in London. A "fringer" sent me some nearly nude pictures of herself and asked me to send them to him. :oops: :shock: She said they had been romantically involved in New York several years earlier and that he would want to know she was trying to contact him. She also said she had just purchased a plane ticket to London and wanted to know exactly where the party was... and wouldn't he be excited to know she was flying 7,000 miles just to see him! Wrong. I sent the pictures to him and his response was, "I hope she can get her money back on that plane ticket. I've never seen this woman before in my life. Tell her to **** off and if she shows up at my party she will be arrested."
Last edited by Fire Rose 45 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:55 am

I'm sorry, but I'll have to shock you all.
Just look at what happened this morning in London, when voice got round that David was in town.
Manafon Riot.jpg
Manafon Riot.jpg (29.92 KiB) Viewed 4588 times

(I think the copper on the left never even liked Japan.)
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:21 am

just fallen from my chair laughing :mrgreen:
neonico

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:14 am

I love it! Thanks, inkinthewell. But wait...could it be?...can't be sure but that looks suspiciously like the woman who sent me the pictures for the lead guitarist!! :lol: :smt005
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to Solo Work