manafon

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

manafon

Postby neonico on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Posted 10 April 2009 - 5:46 pm by Camphor
As published on the site davidsylvian.net, "Small metal gods" could be the title of the single stroke dall'album Manafon out this summer. It also seems possible the publication of a DVD containing the filming of the session recording the album.
Seconto ever reported from the site of Gerrit Hillebrand registrations Manafon would rather distant origins, it comes even to the end of 2005, and would take place in several recording studios:
Vienna
with Werner Dafeldecker, Martin Brandlmayr, Christian Fennesz, Keith Rowe and Burkhard Stangl
Tokyo
with Tetuzi Akiyama, Taku Sugimoto, Otomo Yoshihide and Sachiko Matsubara, but it seems that these recordings have not been included on the album
London
with John Tilbury, Keith Rowe and Evan Parker
neonico

manfon

Postby neonico on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Most recent articles:
Richard Yates - Revolutionary Road
April: a cruel existence
No Dogs Ben Benaouisse
An anthology of small madness
About Sister of Vincent Dunoyer
Sister: A Lauf der Dinge
Le Silence des Dances of Merlin Spie
Imagination and physical strength
Spectacular by Forced Entertainment
Performance. A self-study.
More articles by Peter Wullen:
About Lies Van Gasse, Maarten van den Berg and Hanz Mirck
No archive destruction of tracts on the same time poems
About the war canon Geert Buelens
The path of Maeterlinck inclined
On the last slave of Al Rodan Galidi
Al Galidi for president!
About "Man in the landscape of Marc Tritsmans Mans
Marc Tritsmans Mans: Landscape in the man
About 'Actually you everything from Huub Beurskens
Huub Beurskens singing William Carlos Williams
More articles ...
Related articles:
Richard Yates - Revolutionary Road
April: a cruel existence
No Dogs Ben Benaouisse
An anthology of small madness
About Sister of Vincent Dunoyer
Sister: A Lauf der Dinge
Le Silence des Dances of Merlin Spie
Imagination and physical strength
Spectacular by Forced Entertainment
Performance. A self-study.
More articles ... In conversation with Christian Fennesz
THE PARALLEL UNIVERSE OF Fennesz
date 01.12.2007
author Peter Wullen
Music section
Almost ten years ago I met the then completely unknown Christian Fennesz when he was in Brussels with his companions Peter Rehberg and Jim O'Rourke for a oorsplijtende improvisation performance laptop. A concert of three men on Apple Macintosh in those days it was unheard of revolutionary. It was the heyday of Viennese music alternative Sin. Underground music labels such as Sabotage, Cheap and especially the inimitable Mego did sticky image of the classical music capital forgotten. Fennesz had just his first album Hotel Paral.lel on Mego. A decade later he plays with illustrious quantities like David Sylvian, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Mike Patton of Faith No More and Mark Linkus of Sparkle Horse.
Fennesz has just returned from Copenhagen where he is in Kortrijk Hotel Damier strijkt down. He did the night before a solo performance in the Danish capital. It was also a unique improvised action KTL (Kindertotenlieder), the vocal collaboration between Sunn O)) - frontman Stephen O'Malley and Peter Rehberg. The most unusual duo credit in dark drones, noise and sonic mass. "I met my friend Pita yesterday in Copenhagen and he asked if I wanted to play in his new project," says Christian. "The Icelandic composer Johann Jóhannsson was also present. It was a very noisy presentation ... "

For Fennesz started it all somewhere early nineties to the avant-garde Viennese label Mego of its citizens Ramon Bauer and Peter Rehberg aka Pita. The fourth high tech, but Rehberg & Bauer threw it as protest against the music fits with another bow. The label was a platform for experimental, electronic music and multimedia, and offered a stage for avant-garde artists such as Marcus Schmickler, Kevin Drumm, Tujiko Noriko, Hecker and Fennesz own course. "Mego has gone into liquidation," said Fennesz. "She had severe financial problems. Founder Ramon Bauer was just it. Peter continued the project and changed the name to "Editions Mego. Since then it works well and is even very good with the label. They bring back new constant work and rereleases of older work. Just published the new CD at KTL Editions Mego.

Fennesz when the last time I interviewed a few years ago in Ghent on, he was very enthusiastic about his collaboration with David Sylvian. Sylvian had contacted him to work on the song 'Fire In The Forest' at his toenmailige CD Blemish. Cooperation harvested a lot of praise. In return Sylvian sang the vocals in the song 'Transit' on the CD of Venice Fennesz. "I'm re-recording of David Sylvian in London," said Fennesz. "His new album is really incredible. It is a true masterpiece. Sylvian wishes for good from its linear image of singer-songwriter. He was not happy with his last tour. His new work is much better. It employs radical and experimental jazz musicians along as Evan Parker, Burkhard Stangl and Keith Rowe. It is a really good CD. "

It has been about three years ago that Fennesz himself another solo CD released. The Endless Summer albums from 2001 and Venice in 2004 were catapult him to the forefront of the musical avant-garde. The laptops opgehoeste sound of acoustic and electronic guitars made even school. Many epigone he tried to do but few could match layered guitar sound that Fennesz toverde computer in his lap. Fennesz was a popular musician. "I was now already 2 CDs with Japanese musician Ryuichi Sakamoto," he explains. "We did a tour of Japan. I am currently finalizing a new CD, which certainly will come in 2008. Within two weeks, a 7 "single, which also will be downloadable and 'Transition' will be called. I would not repeat myself. I want to remain original. I would like what I did. There is even an acoustic guitar track on the new CD. I listen to much contemporary classical music à la Morton Feldman. That certainly has its influence. There is also a track sung by Mark Linkus and a French song of my girlfriend. "

No shortage of projects for Fennesz. After collaborations with David Sylvian, Mark Linkus of Sparkle Horse Sakamoto and he in the spring on tour with the former-Faith No More frontman Mike Patton. At first sight it seems that a rather unusual combination. How did that collaboration come about? "I always admired the work of Patton," explains Fennesz from. "He is an extraordinary man. He has a very open mind. He really works with everyone together, even with John Zorn. He asked me for a gig in Canada. The project went so smoothly that we immediately a full tour of the ground tamped. Patton also worked completely freeform and processte his vocals with a very bizarre effects. Really amazing! There will shortly Patton, Fennesz CD on his own Ipecac label. He is really a wonderful guy. He loves good food. I've never eaten so well as on this tour. "

Fennesz passed in Kortrijk in the 13-day arts festival Budafest for a unique appearance with the New York multimedia artist Charles Atlas. We talked to him several hours to occur in the Budascoop. "We do not really tour," he explains. "We're just three or four points. This is Charlie's project. Ninety percent of the music is improvised. I created specifically for the performance sounds and samples. The probability of success depends largely on the material that we have offered. A large screen and good PR is essential. If something is missing, then we are seen. It is our last performance. Next week I dive back in the studio. The deadline for my new CD was recorded on February 15. Then I start in April to work on a contract for a string quartet along with the Japanese avant-garde musician Otomo Yoshi Hide. I have the music on paper out ... (sigh) "Search
neonico

Re: manafon

Postby proggrl on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:52 pm

I sense the use of babblefish!!! LOL

Thanks for posting that tho, neo!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work