Forthcoming cd

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Forthcoming cd

Postby baht habit on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:28 pm

Is anyone else becoming pessimistic regarding a new Sylvian solo recording being released this year? The inference was given that the work was complete and there would be a new product out before the end of 2008. But if that were the case, I would think that some sort of update would have been made on the SamadhiSound website by now.
Perhaps I am much too anxious....
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Antinous on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:49 pm

I don't know what to think about it, but we must expect a quality and beauty, of that I am certain.
Image Image

a silence so rare
Antinous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby camphorvan on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:59 pm

I think Baht was suggesting that it may not be out this year as opposed to the talking about the quality of it. I have severe doubts also. But, then I always do in terms of release dates. At least the last vocal CD was 05 and we've only have to wait 3 or so years....this time....

Just hope they spend time on getting it right - I found things like the barcode covering titles on the back of 9 horses and Camphor's inaccurate track listing really irritating. Me? OCD? Meeee?

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:22 am

I was wondering about this CD also,... I am also waiting for a couple of artists to release their music, Dan Reed was supposed to have his first CD in 17 years out in February.... what month are we in again??

Anyway,... I always stick to the saying " you can't rush perfection!"

(Actually is sums me up pretty well also!!)
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 am

And then there's Chinese Democracy....ahem...(!)

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Yeah right!

Anyway, as previously stated elsewhere on this forum by moi - according to the latests news from Opium (c/o The Pioneers Group) David's new 'offering' wont be released until sometime in " ... early 2009 ..." as I said before ... yeah, right! :roll:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:10 am

It is only August... don't we have several months yet in this year?? So it won't be out this year. It isn't unlike David to make us wait ages upon ages for new work. Hell, I'd rather have brilliance and wait years for it than get any old thing released for the sake of timing.

I look forward to it as anxiously as you all, but I'm happy to wait for brilliance....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:34 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:It is only August... don't we have several months yet in this year?? So it won't be out this year. It isn't unlike David to make us wait ages upon ages for new work. Jersey, I'd rather have brilliance and wait years for it than get any old thing released for the sake of timing.

I look forward to it as anxiously as you all, but I'm happy to wait for brilliance....

Point taken, accepted and understood! However, I would add that it might be better to not state a release date at all, rather than constantly postpone it. I think Opium/Samadhisound should be completely vague about it. "Sylvian release? What release? What ARE you talking about? No. No recording, writing, genius at work activity going on here, thank-you-very-much. Now, sod off!!!" Something like that ... :shock: :-D :-D :-D :-D
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Astronaut wrote:
godisinthesilences wrote:It is only August... don't we have several months yet in this year?? So it won't be out this year. It isn't unlike David to make us wait ages upon ages for new work. Jersey, I'd rather have brilliance and wait years for it than get any old thing released for the sake of timing.

Point taken, accepted and understood! However, I would add that it might be better to not state a release date at all, rather than constantly postpone it. I think Opium/Samadhisound should be completely vague about it. "Sylvian release? What release? What ARE you talking about? No. No recording, writing, genius at work activity going on here, thank-you-very-much. Now, sod off!!!" Something like that ... :shock: :-D :-D :-D :-D

Tee Hee ... Sod off ... LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work