Davids worst songs

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Davids worst songs

Postby Stephenf on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:22 pm

"Dead Bees on a Cake" as a concept (or lack of) was bitterly disappointing hence my reason to nominate the following as my least favored..
Thalheim
Cafe Europa
Alphabet Angel
I Surrender...
Add to this quartet that gushy collaborative effort with Mr Sakamoto "Heartbeat" and you have 5 tracks that i'll probably never listen to again.
Stephenf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Hawk on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Not especially fond of Cafe Europa but I won't skip it when I'm listening to the album. I never liked Alphabet Angel until I listened to it a few weeks ago and discovered this lovely sound in the middle - can't describe it well, a bit like a scuff noise or quick release of steam - and with the weird keyboard over the top - that bit I really like and it helps form a picture for the rest of the song.

I used to like Wanderlust but not so much recently. Same with Darkest Birds (nine horses). Most songs get better, or I discover new things from them, as time goes on. But that hasn't happened with these two....... yet......

The Fripp stuff's not my taste (Firepower, God's Monkey etc.) and I personally don't like the album version of Gone to Earth, however I love the arrangement he did during the Shamans tour.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Stephenf on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Having said what i did above...
Darkest Dreaming is one of my all time favorites, i also love Wanderlust, Praise, The Shining of things and Krishna Blue.
But i just thought too many tracks and no cohesion.
I love Manafon, Nine Horses and the Sylvian/Fripp collaboration was incredible in my eyes.
Stephenf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby after the bullfight on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm afraid I'm another non-fan of First Day, though I think there could have been a very good album of the Fripp collaboration including Damage, Earthbound and the title track! 20th Century Dreaming, Darshan and especially Brightness Falls are not good, but nothing approaches the low of Zero Landmine.

Good Sun, Cafe Europa, Godman, All of my Mother's names, Sleepwalkers, and Blackcrow hits Shoe shine City I could happily not hear again. Not a fan of the spoken word pieces in general (Certain Slant would be an exception).
after the bullfight
Noob
Noob

Previous

Return to Solo Work