24.11.14 / There's a light that enters...

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: 24.11.14 / There's a light that enters...

Postby afternoonfix on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:08 pm

You're f**king killing/kidding me
I'll f**king kill you
When Monday comes around
I'll be waiting
When Monday comes around
I'll be waiting
When Monday comes around
I'll be losing you
And I'll be breaking
afternoonfix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Chad on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeah...this place is awfully quiet considering its such a "MAJOR" release. I could have nicked a copy from the mp3 barn but I didn't want to waste the disk space. Why bother based on the reviews here. Repurposed piano parts. A couple thumbs down on the art. Baht's over there working on edits.

Do the math though. $100 profit per unit x 500. Thats what 50 grand? He can do that without any real effort at all. Chump food... come and get it.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:12 pm

what age are you Chad? Just curious
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:28 pm

here chumpy chump chump... come and get it

lol.....
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby dconnery1966 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:05 am

Well let me guess with Chad Simon, I reckon he must be 12 or 13, well that's when my son

started calling me chump, yeah and he got a right good clip round ear :lol:

Oh and I just seen Santa's Xmas wish list for you Chad straight from the North-Pole there, Secrets of the Beehive 2 and

Nine-Horses 2 both limited editions, no poetry recitals on either and no out of tune tracks for you :wink:

Ps Chad make sure you leave him a cookie and Milk, and don't forget to hang your stocking up :wink:

:lol:
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 am

Chad's like a bad smell, Doug. If we ignore him long enough he might go away. Unfortunately the temptation to feed the troll is too great at times. I reckon age wise he's probably mid to late 40s with a mental age of early teens
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:44 pm

No, that's me your describing there Simon. :)
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby ob8 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:15 pm

I reckon he is 64, disillusioned with everything, especially David. For amusement he comes on here to pull the legs of people who will judge what David is doing now on it's own merits and not some flash back to the good old days when life was better and David wrote his own unique pop tunes. When he did I still paid attention to the charts. Now I don't.

A lot of the posters on here are true fans and they follow David whether they agree with what he is doing or not. Out of respect they listen to each release with an open mind. David's work never fully reveals it's beauty on the first listen, or even the first few listens.

Chad were you mumbling to yourself when Japan released TD ? :-D
ob8
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Tin Bird wrote:No, that's me your describing there Simon. :)

That's nailed me too :P

I think Chad needs our pity... we must feel sorry for him... to feel the need to come here and post the way he does, clearly indicates he is suffering and needs our best chin stroking attention.

Poor Chad, hope you get better soon :cry:

Did anyone see what the Ebay copy of TALTE... LE went for?... I missed it, but it was over £100 when I last saw it... whoever bought it for that much could be considered a 'chump' :wink: ... I just got a new copy of Abandon/Hope (Playbutton LE) for £69 and I know which I would rather have.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby depeon on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:50 pm

A lot of the posters on here are true fans and they follow David whether they agree with what he is doing or not. Out of respect they listen to each release with an open mind. David's work never fully reveals it's beauty on the first listen, or even the first few listens.

All well and good. And in defence of no one but speaking as i feel. Tell me "What is a true fan?" I loved U2's Achtung Baby, Zooropa and various other songs, but i'm not getting songs of innocence, should i be giving it a few more listens and if i still don't get it when do i give up?

BTW, while jogging today, steel cathedrals came on my ipod, sounded glorious on a frosty morning and great to run to. If any of you are joggers, give it a go.
depeon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ob8 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:14 pm

All well and good. And in defence of no one but speaking as i feel. Tell me "What is a true fan?" I loved U2's Achtung Baby, Zooropa and various other songs, but i'm not getting songs of innocence, should i be giving it a few more listens and if i still don't get it when do i give up?

To me a true fan is someone who buys the artists work and approaches any new releases with an open mind. We are all different but I would not like to comment never mind fiercely attack a piece of work that I had not heard.

David's music has more depth and more diversity than U2's so it would require in my opinion more listens for the less commercial pieces to become more engaging. Maybe they never will. But give them a chance.

I have bought loads of albums that initially did not live up to my hopes and expectations.

I hated Talk Talks Spirit Of Eden on the first few listens. After my initial disappointment a little while later I decided to have give it another go and gradually I fell in love with the album. It's one of my all time favourites.

There is beauty in everything.

Well except SOI :mrgreen:
ob8
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm a firm believer in giving albums a chance, and would never write something off without hearing it several times... with U2 I hated The Joshua Tree on my first listen, but once I 'got it' I could not stop listening, and I played it at least once a day for a whole year... I love Songs of Innocence too, but I liked it on my first play, and continue to do so.

Talk Talk's SOE came as a shock after Colour of Spring, but it is without doubt my favourite album of all time... it would have been very easy to dismiss it it, based on one listen, or from a description of the content.

With DS I connected with Blemish very quickly, but now I find it bores me stiff... whereas Manafon (which took slightly longer) and DITW give me constant pleasure. I've been listening to Uncommon Dieaties every night over the past week, and think the spoken word [poems] is no different to sung lyrics in terms of repeat plays... why does the delivery affect listen-ability?
Last edited by Foales Arishes on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:11 pm

.... opps :oops:
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:23 pm

depeon wrote:"What is a true fan?"

A true fan is a fan who is true, true to his/her relationship to the artist but most of all true to him/herself. So, if he/she does not like/understand/feel-comfortable-with something the artist in question releases, he/she is entitled to be honest about it.
A true fan is entitled to call it quits when he receives pleasure/enlightenment from the artist no more. The seeds that were planted will grow into brilliant trees nonetheless.
The fan who drools over the artist's work just because it's cool to do so, is no true fan.
The Book of True Fans, Vol. I, page 17
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby javier on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:36 am

Ah, you Chad haters - tolerance please!
I think his comments add colour and energy to the board. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but can sometimes see his point, even though he may not express it with much subtlety.
Just because his views are "unconventional", no need to crucify him.
javier
Obsessed
Obsessed

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Work