Died In The Wool - new album

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Died In The Wool - new album

Postby Absorption on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:05 am

sounds great, cant wait for this! thanks for the info.
Absorption
Noob
Noob

Postby dconnery1966 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:56 am

Yeah cant wait for this album, it will be interesting to here how the re-mixes sound,
i myself have am not a great fan of re-mixes. anywaywill still be good to here the new tracks on this.
is he going down the poetic side once again with the track Anomaly at Taw Head,is this something to
do with the poet Ted Hughes ? just wondering
all the best Dougie :wink:
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby digimarsh on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Absolutley ,delighted with this news , very promising from reading all the info, i was begining to wonder about this release but seems the wait is nearly over.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby shoop on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Heeeeere we go:

http://www.davidsylvian.com/diedinthewool/

Something tells me the lusher sound of some of the tracks will win back a few enemies of Manafon.
you know me- i'll do what i want.
shoop
Regular
Regular

Postby baht habit on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks shoop. I sure like what I hear...though it's really inconsequential, I am not so sure how to react to that cover. :?:

I also wanted to share this, I've been informed that Sylvian had decided to edit the final version of When We Return You Won't Recognise Us from 50 minutes down to 20 minutes for this release.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chet on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:30 am

wow
that was the ugliest record cover ever...
but it sounds amazing.
I should not dare, certain slant, snow white and last days will be in my headphones the entire summer...
to begin with
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby servalan66 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:37 am

they've now taken the page(link) to the audio clips offline!!! :(

must agree the cover is quite unattractive, earphones?, it should have been more deer!
servalan66
Noob
Noob

Postby dconnery1966 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:22 am

Have had a listen to several of the tracks although not a fan of re-mixed work, i am pleasently
surprised with several of the tracks , snow white, small metal gods and certain slant of light spring to mind, not
to sure with this one though, has it been re-mixed?
Several of the new tracks sound very nice indeed, i should not dare and the last day's of December very nice
Anyway that's me preordered mine this morning so cant wait.
all the best Dougie
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby qdes on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 am

shoop wrote:Heeeeere we go:

http://www.davidsylvian.com/diedinthewool/

Something tells me the lusher sound of some of the tracks will win back a few enemies of Manafon.

The link doesn't work anymore. Damn I'll guess I just have to wait.
qdes
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby shoop on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:45 am

It's still up in the store, FWIW - that's actually where the microsite link first was.

http://www.samadhisound.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=121
you know me- i'll do what i want.
shoop
Regular
Regular

Postby servalan66 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 am

yeah, but the micro site link goes nowhere. those that were lucky enough to have seen it, must have been viewing a test site, presumably the correct link will be up soon!
servalan66
Noob
Noob

Postby baht habit on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:11 am

dconnery1966 wrote:Have had a listen to several of the tracks although not a fan of re-mixed work, i am pleasently
surprised with several of the tracks , snow white, small metal gods and certain slant of light spring to mind, not
to sure with this one though, has it been re-mixed?

According to the text section on the site, Jan Bang and Erik Honore' fleshed out Certain Slant Of Light with various samples and from what was available to hear in the clip, they removed Sylvian's acoustic guitar, so I suppose it is accurate to label it a remix in some sense. They've even added a second section to the track by incorporating some of Arve Henriksen's trumpet playing.

Evidently, the track Anomaly At Taw Head was a bonafide outtake from the London sessions for Manafon. Sylvian edited and rearranged the material, and two different versions are included in the final outcome...Evan Parker's sax and Marcios Mattos' cello made the cut. I was also pleasantly surprised to read that Keith Rowe made the cut on the dark and foreboding title track. :twisted:
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby servalan66 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:46 am

can some still access the micro site?? if so why is it allowing some in and not others?????? :?
servalan66
Noob
Noob

Postby Blemished on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:14 am

Well I've ordered mine, even if I was too slow to catch the clips. Tantalising stuff!

Like others, I'm not sure about the cover. That said, I wasn't fussed about the Sleepwalkers one but it's grown on me.

Nice to see an image of DS on a cover again, even if it makes him look 10 years younger than the recent photographs!
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby digimarsh on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 am

I also wanted to share this, I've been informed that Sylvian had decided to edit the final version of When We Return You Won't Recognise Us from 50 minutes down to 20 minutes for this release.[/quote]

i wonder why he has so drastically cut the run time on this track, being that a whole additional disk has been included to accomodate it's prescence, there is not a time issue is there.

I have tried in numerous ways to access the micro site ,without success, so i presume its not up at the moment.But at least
i have seen the cover now via the samadhi shop link, not all that bad i suppose ,quite unlike his recent releases.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Work