How Does One Simply Listen to Blemish?

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

How Does One Simply Listen to Blemish?

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:24 am

In the months following my abdication from the forum, I have lived the simple life. Plucking the slender strings of a banjo while on a solemn journey through eastern Appalachia. However, in my time away, the old dream began to whisper to me. The dream to be a pretentious hick.

Now, most people aspire to either be a hick or to be pretentious, but the melding of the two is seldom seen. The dancing of galaxies, space, and time has told me that I am to be the One. The Premier Pretentious Hick, or the Elusive Hill Yuppie. Then, I am reminded my cataclysmic failure… that the very sight of Blemish resurrects the normie deep within my soul. It’s mere mention, like the whispers of death itself, aggravates my heart to the point where I’m not sure whether to run or cry and accept my fate.

How does one simply listen to Blemish? Is there a certain path of Sylvian albums that will let me hike up the mountain of pretention rather than trying to leap to its peak in a single bound?
{Insert life-changing mantra here}
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: How Does One Simply Listen to Blemish?

Postby Six One Cynic on Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:38 pm

As a musician myself it was the first album I'd heard that didn't have beefed up beats but still attracted me. His voice over the synth drones was totally unique 20 years ago when it came out. Perhaps you're used to more 'danceable' styles of music (which is absolutely fine btw)
Six One Cynic
Regular
Regular

Return to Solo Work